Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rosie Perez sees big appeal in Sotomayor movie

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_rosie_perez_sees_big_appeal_in_sonia_sotomayor_movie.html

Rosie Perez sees big appeal in Sonia Sotomayor movie
Thursday, July 9th 2009

Rosie Perez is on board to play Sonia Sotomayor if a biopic of the federal judge comes to fruition.

"Oh my God, I'd be so honored," the actress exclaimed at a screening of the documentary "Shouting Fire: Stories from the Edge of Free Speech" at HBO Studios.

Perez is well aware of the challenges in playing Bronx-born Sotomayor, who could be the first Hispanic justice on the Supreme Court. "There needs to be a fearlessness in approaching that role," she says.

"That's who she is. Balancing the human being versus the judge is the biggest challenge that would face me personally," said Perez. "But I also think that to play her, you have to dive in and discover her true spirit. Otherwise, don't even f-ing go there. Don't even f-ing try it."

We'll assume that's a warning to actresses like Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendes and Sara Ramirez, who also have reportedly been considered for the role.

Adds Perez, "It would be the chance of a lifetime. I'd be right for the role because I'm fearless. I'm afraid of everything and afraid of nothing at the same time."

Are you listening, Hollywood?



No comments: