Thursday, April 23, 2009

FeedBack: Checking For Elves

Herbert Barry Woodrose
http://checkingforelves.blogspot.com
Sunday, April 05, 2009

Robalini! Haven't heard from you in a long time - this is 'checkingforelves' here. I wanted to say thanks for the support! But more importantly, I wanted to thank you because it was your book, "50 reasons not to vote for Bush", that woke me out of the media stupor we are all in - I think it was 5 or 6 pages in I was just sort of dumbfounded at the realization - I had never even entertained the notion - that American Media was broken and I had been completely lied to. I don't even remember if I finished the book - I still have it and just broke it out again to re read it - but I don't know, if I hadn't opened that book, whether I would have even turned against the war. It seems like a lifetime ago, but there was really a point when I just didn't question the American Media. I remember saying dumb things like "well, ok FoxNews might be theater, sure... but certainly if there was any truth to this 'war for oil' crap I'd see it on CNN right? You can't say CNN is biased, can you?"

Just reading a tiny piece of '50 Reasons' was like ice-water in the face. I almost avoided reading it because I thought it was like a joke, like a 'Top Ten' type thing - but I'm glad I gave it a chance because I started asking big questions. I didn't go radical then, but it started the process. Thanks man, I know you worked hard on that book and probably didn't see a profit on it, but at least you did that thing we all say - "if I could reach one person..." you did man, you totally did.

Again, thanks for the support. Feel free, also, to let me know if you think you see anything on 'elves' that should get a correction or a modification - I can use all the help I can get.

Seriously.

No comments: